Saturday, November 24, 2007
weeks 6 and 7: electrochemistry science toys!
Whoo hoo! These are so cool. Remind me to do these when I have kids again. I'm especially enthusiastic about the hot dog cooker. And the bomb. I loved the story about the TV host having the water shoot all over his face. All these have ingredient lists that are not just what I have around the house though, and of course I'm not even in my house, I'm on high speed internet in Borders, so I'm not going to try them just yet. I think I need kids in the house to motivate me to assemble the materials. I wish we had a lab so we could do them in class!!! One thing I might do at home would be to melt silver and mold it into something cute -- that one didn't seem too complicated. I am wondering about the wisdom of teaching foster kids how to make a bomb though -- foster parents have to lock up all the cleaning supplies exactly for the reason of not having the kids use them to blow things up, so I'm imagining the social worker on her weekly home visit when the kid says "we made a bomb! It was so cool!" I remember making an oven in Girl Scouts out of a cardboard box, aluminum foil, wire hangers and a candle. I was pretty excited about it -- way more satisfying than the Betty Crocker mini oven.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment