Friday, October 5, 2007

Interesting use of carbon

Hi, I just had to share this with you all -- I stumbled onto it this morning. There is a company that creates diamonds from a lock of hair or cremation remains of people, for their loved ones. "The LifeGem ® is a certified, high-quality diamond created from the carbon of your loved one as a memorial to their unique life." The carbon just keeps on going around in different forms...I wonder what Primo Levi would think of this? The website is lifegem.com if you want to check it out.

1 comment:

Sung Woo Kim said...

Hey Arpita,

I did check out the life gem site...Man, it is pricey!!!! Much more expensive than buying just regular diamonds, at least from what I recall 10 years ago when I shopped for my wife's ring. I'm not sure how I feel about turning my loved one's hair into a diamond...Seems a bit morbid but who am I to make such a value judgment?